View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012   #430
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
W. T. H??? Try again. You even quoted me, too, and you still attribute me as saying KW is the ONLY WR Kubiak acquired????? Here is the quote, again:

See, this is why I loathe this place sometimes. I didn't say he was THE only WR Kubiak acquired. I mean, I'm not that dense. LOL...SMH. Now you're going to have people thinking that GP thinks KW is the only WR Kubiak has drafted/acquired in his tenure here. Thanks!

What I meant is that KW is the only one who has really accomplished anything here, and even that is a bit of a stretch to say. I meant other than KW there's no other WR Kubiak can be proud of. When I say "OUTSIDE OF Kevin Walter..." that means "What OTHER WRs other than KW have been productive?"

Sometimes I really wonder....

So Jacoby's 16.2 avg per reception (27) in 2009 is nothing ? As is his 51 receptions in 2010 as a #3 ?

BTW Walter lead the league in percentage of catches per targets between 2009/10 ..... When you have that type of production between Walter and #80 (When he's healthy) ..... What need do you have to spend valuable resources on another WR who's likely no better than #4 on the depth chart.

It isnt until AJ or Walter are stuck on the sideline that we even pay attention to the position .....

When #80 and KW are able to take the field , there isnt much need behind them ..... when you consider the Texans offense is run first , pass when its favborable.

As for what Kubiak has been able to accomplish ... How many times have we seen AJ all alone .... without a defender within 10+ yards of him .... all this while defenses are designed to stop the guy (with and without a running game). You think thats all #80 or does it have something to do with Gary's play design and route combinations along with Schaub's play fakes which are some of the best in the game ....

Now that AJ has had multiple seasons where he hasnt been able to play 16 games , they have made allowances - spent resources to shore up the position.

But you are right , prior to this offseason , they have done little to nothing to shore up the position .... because there wasnt really a need and they havent spent the resources on the position until now.

When AJ and KW are on the field , there is no need for another WR .... save certain situations (which Jones was capable of handling on most occasions , stupid or not).

All this boils down to is resource allocation.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote