View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012   #423
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanCR View Post
Thanks for the info, Im just saying that he had a whole year to prepare and keep yourself in good physical shape. But like I said its too early and im not saying that he is a bad player, I HOPE he is the best player that we drafted, but he will always be compared to Randle for the Texans fans, so this could be a great pick or a big miss when we look back to this draft class.

I will still support him and its very exciting to see the rookies on the Texans uniform, after weeks and weeks of reading about them, finally see them on the field of practice is awesome, I cant wait for the preseason games to see Jean, Posey, Martin and Jones.

From all this I dont know why but I think Martin is the one that is going to make a big impact next season, dont know just a gut feeling.
There's a huge difference between being in great shape and being in football shape .... Unless you've walked a mile in those shoes , its difficult to fathom the difference. I didnt play college football ..... but I did play in highschool and I can tell you , the difference is like night and day.
You walk on the field for practice the first time thinking .... "Im ready for this."
Next thing you know you are holding your shorts at best and puking your guts out at worst(especially here in the Houston heat and humidity)."

As for Martin , he's got the best chance to contribute because he doesnt have anyone to compete with for PT outside of Trycycle at PR and is best suited for the slot position .... where he is best suited which you really cant say about the rest of the WR's on this roster - they are outside guy's .... Tho Posey can play from the slot.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote