View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012   #422
TexanCR
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
A few things to pick out of this post -

1 - Posey missed most of the season and now we're in the offseason .... you expect him to be in football shape ?

2 - Lestar Jean is more familiar with the Texans system , he knows the routes ... That gives him a distinct advantage from the get go.

3 - Randle may be "handed the starting role" For Now .... He may get more opportunities early but thats because he's not competing for playing time Vs two established veterans .... He's going to get that opportunity because of injury.
Randle's hands and route running do not compare favorably to those of Posey who is a very polished , smooth route runner. One is a one year wonder while the other put up good numbers in multiple seasons for the NCAA's most run heavy offense during that period.

Here's a quote from TC observing OTA's -

I had the opportunity to watch Posey in a Pre-Draft workout .... That was the first thing I noticed about him - His hands are fantastic.

Couple quotes from the mock draft forum -

The bold is why people are pissing and moaning about this pick .....
Thanks for the info, Im just saying that he had a whole year to prepare and keep yourself in good physical shape. But like I said its too early and im not saying that he is a bad player, I HOPE he is the best player that we drafted, but he will always be compared to Randle for the Texans fans, so this could be a great pick or a big miss when we look back to this draft class.

I will still support him and its very exciting to see the rookies on the Texans uniform, after weeks and weeks of reading about them, finally see them on the field of practice is awesome, I cant wait for the preseason games to see Jean, Posey, Martin and Jones.

From all this I dont know why but I think Martin is the one that is going to make a big impact next season, dont know just a gut feeling.
TexanCR is offline   Reply With Quote