Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Re: BADBOY's 2013 Mock
Originally Posted by Wolf6151
Here's my terribly early 2013 mock draft. Obviously most or all of this will change numerous times between now and April 2013, it's almost laughable to do a mock this early and I found it harder to do than our final 2012 mocks. Mine is based on Schaub, Brown, and Barwin staying. I think there's a real good chance Antonio Smith, Rashad Butler, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels, Bradie James, and Sean Cody are gone after the 2012 season.
1. DaRick Rogers-WR, new #2 WR after Kevin Walter leaves and adds starter level quality to the WR corp. Maybe Walter stays for a year since he renegotiated his contract to a lower price.
2. Sharrif Floyd-DE, this could actually be our biggest need to fill next off season as I see Antonio Smith gone after 2012. I know Floyd is currently listed as a 3-4 round pick but I think by April he'll be much higher. Adds some size to the LDE position.
3. Kyle Fuller-CB, adds some quality depth to our young CB corp. and solidifies it for the next few years.
3b. Jake Stoneburner-TE, this was the hardest pick to make. I'd really like a better quality TE since I think there's a decent chance OD could be gone after next season but I'm just not impressed with next years group of TE's. This pick could easily change.
4. Xavier Nixon-OT, this guys got talent and speed but lacks bulk. Adding some weight shouldn't be hard on his 6'06" frame. Rashad Butler leaves and Newton takes his place with Nixon as the new swing OT. This year in college and next year as OT depth will give him the time to add some bulk. He could easily go much higher than this if he has a great year.
5. Nico Johnson-ILB, quality rotational ILB to replace Bradie James and has great size. He also could go much higher if he has a great year.
5b. Sheldon Richardson-DT, Sean Cody leaves and Richardson and Fangupo compete for the DT rotation spot with Mitchell. Needs to add some bulk but again that shouldn't be hard for these young guys.
6. Braden Hansen-OG, good size and skill for the position, improves our OG depth. If he has a good year he also could go higher than this.
7. Rashard Hall-FS, size, speed, and experience. Pushes Nolan and Demps for a backup spot.
Well there it is, my first terribly early 2013 mock. This should make for a good laugh 11 months from now.
#2 DE, I think Jamison and Crick will have a season to show us what they can do. Unless they fail, my opinion is use a later round "high risk, high reward" on DE. That was my thinking with Steinkuhler. Your 3, 4 & 7 are on my radar also but think Hall may move up. Enjoyed the read. Good work!
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need