View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012   #218
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: facebook posts by Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Just whose helmet IS that??
Maybe it's just me but that don't look like our beloved Toro logo to me.
It's the Texans helmet. I looked at it long and hard, since you drew my attention to it, and I think what is happening is the lights are casting little reflections (bright spots) that make it look like a different logo on the side.

You can see that those reflections carry over, across the width of the helmet, repeating itself over and over. So the red part of the horn has what looks like white areas (as if it's another logo) but it's actually just the light reflection playing a trick on our eyes.

The logo on the side of our helmet is weird. The red horn is always near the face mask. In Watt's photo, the red horn is in the correct position on both sides of the helmet.

Remember, as well: The phone cameras being used...they're not rendering colors properly. We all saw the new uniforms (Chris Myers modeling the new unit a few weeks ago) and thought the jersey was a bad orange/red shade of red....when in fact the texans logo on the lockers was also a bad shade of orange/red too.

This explains why Watt's helmet looks black and not steel blue. And the light reflection on his helmet is distorting the helmet logo too. Short answer: The phone cameras do bad justice to displaying EVERYTHING in its proper color/context.