View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012   #89
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Ravens are going to be in a tough situation with Joe Flacco. He's a capable starter, but I don't think he's proven he be the type of QB to put the team on his shoulders in crunch time often. Question they'll have to answer is do they want to pay that kind of cash for him?

I'm thinking this is why Jones managed to fleece Newsome. He's desperate to see FLacco take that next step or else....they're going to have to start over at QB. Of course I think there was much better options to improve your WR staff.

Getting something worked out with Rice is a no brainer. He IS the Ravens offense.
I personally don't like Flacco that much as a QB, but great QBs are so difficult to find that when a team gets a good/decent QB like a Romo, Schaub or Flacco, they are better off sticking with them. Flacco is in the last year of his rookie deal, and he's scheduled to make about 8.8 million this year. He likely will get about 12-15 million a year (slightly more than Mark Sanchez money) with an extension, but that's a lot of money to tie up going forward. Money that may require letting players go. I think the Jacoby signing is a poor move on their part, as I don't think he's worth the money, nor do I think he will be a capable #3 WR in their offense. Their TEs Dickson and Pitta really shined last year and came up big, so much like the Texans, the #3 WR is a truly the 5th or 6th option in the passing game. 7 million is too much for a guy who will probably get 20-30 targets and be a punt returner.