View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012   #88
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The problem is that the Ravens are at or above the cap, and they have guys like Flacco and Ray Rice that need to be extended. Rice is currently under the franchise tag for the year, and they need to work out a long term deal with him, probably along the lines of what Foster got.

Any way you slice it, 2 years 7 million is too much for Jacoby.
Ravens are going to be in a tough situation with Joe Flacco. He's a capable starter, but I don't think he's proven he be the type of QB to put the team on his shoulders in crunch time often. Question they'll have to answer is do they want to pay that kind of cash for him?

I'm thinking this is why Jones managed to fleece Newsome. He's desperate to see FLacco take that next step or else....they're going to have to start over at QB. Of course I think there was much better options to improve your WR staff.

Getting something worked out with Rice is a no brainer. He IS the Ravens offense.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote