View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012   #75
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I call that selective memory.

It's by no means, in any shape, form or fashion selective memory Rey. It's what I saw with my own two eyes over quite a period of time. I've only been fortunate enough to attend 7 Texans games over the last two years but I can see alot more in the stadium than I do on TV, even if it is a wide flat screen in Hi-Def. I could SEE where Jones rounded off his routes as opposed to other receivers planting a foot and breaking sharply. Guess what happened then? I'll tell ya, the ball was there or placed where they're able to make a play on it as opposed to it sailing over their head or skipping off the turf. Nothing selective about it. Quite the opposite. Very clear and unforgettable. After seeing it enough times in the Raider's game last year, I told my wife: This game's gone. That sorry SOB can't catch a fkn cold. WE LOST.

Schaub has thrown balls in the dirt to more guys than just Jacoby, but that wasn't my point.

Sure he has. But no where near the percentages that included a route ran by the former #12.

My point is that a ball going in the dirt doesn't mean a receiver ran his route wrong. That could be the case, but there are other possibilities and I thinik that it's just gotten so popular around here to say "Jacoby is a bad route runner", now everyone says it and I don't know if that's true.

See first response. To the last sentence: I'm not parroting what other folks are saying, I'm stating what I saw with my own eyes WAY too many times and I AM sure it's true.

The pass that Schaub threw to Andre against the Chargers a couple years ago was too low and Andre couldn't hold on to it. He ended up kicking it up in the air and it was a pick. Was that a poor route by Andre or just not a great throw by Schaub?

That particular pass wasn't one of Matt's better throws. We've all watched games where Matt threw one of his patented 'OMG WTF was he thinking' throws though I don't include those in what I saw #12 deliver with amazing repeatability.

My guess is that if that was Jacoby then it would have been said it was a poor route.

Listen, I don't even care about Jacoby. I don't think he was a good receiver, but not because his route running was horrendous. I don't think he was a great route runner, but I don't think it was this huge problem that everyone is making it out to be.

Then I suppose this is really the main thing we're in disagreement about.

And this is not me crucifying Schaub either. All QB's make bad throws on occasion.

Agreed.
3 characters.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote