View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Whatever you say. Schaub has been visibly upset on the field and on the sidelines with JJ on several occasions. Simple things like cutting a route in what looks like text book fashion at 8 yards instead of 12 result in balls that look high and/or behind. The route isn't just the shape and cut it is the placement.
& there's no way we can know if he was supposed to cut it off @ 8 or 12.

He sees less snaps than KDub, as Walter is our #2 receiver, has been since he's been here. He gets more targets. For whatever the reason, his completion percentage is lower.

If this "argument" was objective & purely about his performance, we should have equal concerns about Walter who was getting paid more than Jj & was the actual #2 receiver. Instead of asking Jj to step up & be the #1 when Aj is out, what's wrong with asking where KDub is?

Let's say you're right & Jj has a problem running routes. That's an issue & needs to be fixed, worthy of discussing on a message board.

But why aren't we complaining about a WR that can't get open?

You can praise KDub for his blocking ability, but he's a WR & I saw Jj blocking downfield on all of Foster's big runs, so Jj is doing pretty well in that aspect.

So, until we see some balance about the poor Houston WRs, I'm not going to give any credence to any argument about Jacoby's route running. Without that balance, it's made up BS to kick a man while he's down.

Look, I'm going to go out on a limb here & tell you all what I think about Jacoby Jones & why he wasn't successful here. I guarantee Jacoby Jones will have a better year than Robert Meachum.

Guarantee.

I'm not saying anything bad about Schaub in particular, he's a fine QB, one of the best in the league. But Jacoby is not a very well rounded receiver. The thing he excels at can not be taken advantage of here in Houston.