View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012   #66
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
If it's not evidence, then why did Jacoby get dirt darts or the ball over his head and the ball was on the other receivers?
I call that selective memory.

Schaub has thrown balls in the dirt to more guys than just Jacoby, but that wasn't my point.

My point is that a ball going in the dirt doesn't mean a receiver ran his route wrong. That could be the case, but there are other possibilities and I thinik that it's just gotten so popular around here to say "Jacoby is a bad route runner", now everyone says it and I don't know if that's true.

The pass that Schaub threw to Andre against the Chargers a couple years ago was too low and Andre couldn't hold on to it. He ended up kicking it up in the air and it was a pick. Was that a poor route by Andre or just not a great throw by Schaub?

My guess is that if that was Jacoby then it would have been said it was a poor route.

Listen, I don't even care about Jacoby. I don't think he was a good receiver, but not because his route running was horrendous. I don't think he was a great route runner, but I don't think it was this huge problem that everyone is making it out to be.

And this is not me crucifying Schaub either. All QB's make bad throws on occasion.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote