View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012   #56
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think we are in agreement kind of except what you are attributing to route running I am attributing to Jacoby's lack of hands and failure to consistently attack the ball.

When the ball is thrown you should attack it. Go to it. You don't wait on it. Jacoby did a poor job of that. There were some throws that were a little off, but Jacoby didn't have good enough hands to consistently pull those balls in. Not many spectacular catches in his resume.

If he wasn't clearly open and the ball wasn't right on him he had trouble making the catch. And I think that is why Matt didn't trust him all that much.

But his route running? I just don't think that was a huge issue....JMO..

I just can't see the Texans staff and Kubiak letting him run sloppy routes. That's like the first thing you work on. I'm not saying he was a great route runner, but I don't think that bad route running is what kept him from being successful.

Here is a link to targets and receptions: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...false/count/41

Most of the Texans receivers are on the second page. OD is on the first page I think .

OD: 54 Receptions, 84 Targets = 64%
AF: 53, 71 = 74%
JJ: 31, 64 = 48%
KW: 39, 59 = 66%
AJ: 33, 51 = 64%
JD: 28, 39 = 71%
JC: 18, 24 = 75%
BT: 13, 19 = 68%
Yeah, see, I attribute a large part of that difference in target to catch to his route running. Sure, his hands weren't great and that contributes but all those balls at his feet or sailing over his head... those look like poor routes to me.

I'm sure the coaches continually got onto him about it but he never got it.

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree at this point, though.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote