View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012   #50
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm saying that a much higher percentage of throws were "off" to Jacoby than to other people. That's what I saw and have seen for years... not just last year. ALL of the blame for that can't go on Matt especially if it really is a higher percentage of those bad targets going to Jacoby.

Once I get a free moment, I'll see if I can find target vs. catch statistics to verify.

But I believe that's why Jacoby never got the number of targets we would have expected when he subbed for AJ. Matt didn't trust him to be where he was supposed to be.
All I remember seeing is Jacoby unable to jump high enough to catch a pass as well as not being able to dive low enough to catch a pass.

If he cuts on his route too early, the ball is over his head. We all have seen this. Jacoby leaping high and not able to even come close to the ball. it's because he went into his cut too soon when he should have taken one more step.

If he cuts too late, the ball ended up in the dirt. Why? Because he wasn't in the right spot at the right time.

Jacoby's route running, while he has had some people in the Texans organization stick up for him, is not good. It's inconsistent just like his hands and just like his punt fielding decision making.

Everything about him is inconsistent and that gets you in hot water in the NFL. He has the talent attributes teams want, but the inconsistency issue is what hurts him AND his team.

Notice there was no Blurbsdale College WR taken this year. Kubiak is not going to take a risk on another Jacoby again. That ship has sailed. The Amobi Okoye ship, similar to the Jacoby ship, sailed too. The Texans are beginning to settle down and just take players who have consistent tape and are not projects to shape up and show how awesome we are at finding hidden gems.