View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012   #48
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
But his percentages were down and really the numbers just confirm what I was seeing with my eyes.
I think you're taking this into a totally different place than I am.

I'm not saying that Matt always put the ball to the right place. I'm not saying his accuracy last year was as good as it had been in the past.

I'm saying that a much higher percentage of throws were "off" to Jacoby than to other people. That's what I saw and have seen for years... not just last year. ALL of the blame for that can't go on Matt especially if it really is a higher percentage of those bad targets going to Jacoby.

Once I get a free moment, I'll see if I can find target vs. catch statistics to verify.

But I believe that's why Jacoby never got the number of targets we would have expected when he subbed for AJ. Matt didn't trust him to be where he was supposed to be.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote