View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012   #47
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Red face Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Think about all the throws where the QB throws the ball before the player turns around or makes his cut.
Right, but the QB still has to identify the target and throw a catchable ball. Think about the trajectory of a thrown football. If a ball lands a receivers and you are saying the QB though the receiver would be closer, he'd have had to think the guy was going to be about 10-15 yards closer. An uncatchable ball at a receivers feet?

Even if the receiver is running his route and is off by 3 or 5 yards the ball should still be at his knees or basically within a catchable range.

If a QB is throwing balls at a receivers feet, or too far over his head that's on the QB. If we're talking about a few yards that could possibly be on the receiver.

I could see if it was just to Jacoby, but it wasn't. I can vividly recall throws into the dirt to every major receiver except Dreesen, Casey and Foster.

I don't see how you can just look at poorly thrown balls and just say that the receiver ran a bad route. Just because it was Jacoby that the poorly thrown ball was thrown to?

What about the low throws to everyone else? The game against the Charges last year when AJ kicked the ball up after a low throw...was that because AJ didn't run his route right? Or because the throw was a little low?

Like I said, accuracy wise, last year was a down year for Matt. Had he been hitting on a higher percentage of his passes and stayed healthy all year we'd have won the superbowl hands down. We had a pretty good shot if he'd have just stayed healthy but if he had been completing a higher percentage of his passes no doubt in my mind we'd have won 14 games AND the superbowl. Period.

But his percentages were down and really the numbers just confirm what I was seeing with my eyes.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote