View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012   #39
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Jacoby has plenty of faults, but I don't know if he was a bad route runner.

Unreliable hands, awkward, occasional bad decisions, didn't attack the ball consistently...Yeah...

Bad route runner? I can't really say that. All I know is that he got open quite a bit. Didn't always catch the ball or get a catchable ball, but he got open.
The route running has been my third biggest knock on him after his hands and his fumbling.

Our offense has a lot of timing throws where the QB has to let the ball go before the receiver gets to his spot. So the QB is just throwing to the spot. Jacoby got open but the problem was that he wasn't always getting to his spot. That's why so many more balls looked like they were underthrown or overthrown to him than to anyone else.

It made the QB look bad. You've got this WR sitting there wide open and the ball falls to his feet or sails over his head.

At least, that's the way it looked to me. Matt was never as inaccurate with any other receiver as he was throwing to Jacoby.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote