View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cherry Pick the real 2012 NFL Draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
exactly, so take the senior bowl with a grain of salt. what's important is actually breaking down tape on individual plays like the ones above you described. the draft is sometimes more about timing than a reflection of true value or grade. I'm guilty of under-valuing Posey grade because of character concerns, not seeing him on the field this past season & in general lack of exposure/information. This is something NFL teams have the means & access we as amateur draft geeks lack insight/info. I have no problem adjusting my opinion based off known facts & recent discoveries addressing problems in the past being resolved & giving a young person second chances.
BTW, I happened to keep a copy of the Chronicle (my wife subscribe for the Sunday Edition for the Ads) to have the UDFA list readily on hand.

Below it is a piece from Jerome Solomon; he quoted Kubiak as followed.

Kubiak and Smith say that after seeing Posey in the Senior Bowl, they had no concern that he might be behind other rookies in term of development.

"He looked like himself," Kubiak said.
"I studied him real hard as a junior, and after watching him in that all-star game he looked like a better player than when I saw him as a junior.
I really liked what I saw."
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote