View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
They definitely overpaid, but Baltimore has their reasons for picking him up.

The Ravens front office know we've positioned ourselves to be an AFC powerhouse, and if you want to get out of the AFC next season, you'll probably have to get through Houston to do so.

Jones' familiarity with our offensive system - he did spend a good number of years here - will be helpful to them. And as for on the field production, Baltimore won't force feed him to their fanbase or try to groom him into the #2 spot. He messes up, they cut him, there won't be a Kubiak there to hold his hand.
Seriously doubt Jj has any more insight to our offense than the rest of the league who studies our team in preperation for game day.

I thought Jacoby was being paid too much last year, but now that Ozzy basically gave him the same deal, I may have to lay off the Rick Smith amateur talk.

However, we do know Jacoby isn't going to Baltimore to be a #1 or a #2, not with Torry Smith & Anquan Bolden there. He'll probably be their #3, which is basically what that contract says.

I'll predict he'll easily out produce his best years in Houston as a WR, with that big arm QB & all.