View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012   #208
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I've Never seen him in a Single Game, and all I've read seemed to be extremely positive - so I went on Youtube looking for the negative. I especially enjoyed the Grudens QB Camp.

I am far from being an expert, but those are my Potential negatives:

- to me he has a strange looking release - no idea if that could be a problem
- he is going to get himself killed in the NFL. Definetly has to work on protecting himself.- Takes some unnecessary risks that NFL. DBs will exploit. I know he rarely turned the Ball over in college, but several of his throws should've been intercepted.

Like I Said, I am no expert and haven't Seen nearly enough - so can someone who did elaborate on these points?
The college quarterback can be tackled, sacked, rushed, touched, and brushed. He is a player. He is one of 11 guys who plays football just like all the other players. It has been said that the NFL has protected its perfumed princes of the pocket to such a degree that it has taken away from the quality of the game. I tend not so much to worry about this aspect of his game. He's always been a scrapper, and now for once he would actually have a real offensive line. His injury history in his long college career has been scant.......a single mild concussion in 2010, and a torn ACL (also in the beginning of 2010) he experienced trying to play linebacker by tacking UCLA linebacker Akeem Ayers after an interception.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote