View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004   #16
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Re: Inside Joe Gibbs

Granted he doesn't need a Montana or Elway, but he needs a fairly decent to good QB. Even moreso with the loss of Jansen for the season. Losing your star RT means that running the ball will be tougher, and the passing game will have to pick up the slack. Will Hassleback be able to do that? The odds aren't good. He had the 0 QB rating game against the Cowboys, and he'd face that defense twice if he were the starter. The defense is much the same except for perhaps a better pass rush with Wiley. Ramsey put up decent to good numbers in Spurrier's bad system, and I don't understand how he'd do worse in a better system. Perhaps you can explain that. Also, I don't see how after seeing Hasslebacks numbers, and saying that he'd supercede both Brunell and Ramsey on the depth chart w/o either being forced out due to injury is weighing the facts. I can't recall that ever happening on an NFL team in recent history the way you stated. Perhap you could cite an example if I'm mistaken. Hassleback appeared in two regular season games for the Eagles as a holder. He played in the preseason with them as well going 23-32 for 200 yds and 1 TD in 4 preseason games. His only non preseason numbers in the NFL were with Spurriers system, and therefore his only other numbers would be his college stats. He had brief stints in Training Camp for Carolina, Balitmore, and Buffalo. None of whom found a spot for him on the roster, yet you project him to be an eventual starter for Gibbs. Yet he was out played by a true 3rd year starter in Ramsey, even though Hassleback's career started as an undrafted free agent in 2001 with the Bills. Exactly which stats were you considering when you thought he would be the new starter?
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote