View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012   #194
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Im not sure "I like the kid" is the right statement, you seem extremely fond of him. I dont think anyone is talking about him starting this year.
Well, to be fair...anything can happen. Nobody here thought we'd be watching TJ Yates play a single snap in the 2011 season. Let alone in a playoff game.

I think anytime a QB comes back from blowing an ACL and he STILL is dominant the next year...that speaks volumes to me. To battle through adversity and to actually continue the same performance as before, it means he is tough as nails and always finds ways to succeed. The great QBs are not just talented, they are mentally and emotionally tough...and I think Keenum has the potential to be a good QB.

To be fair, nobody here thought all that much of Zabransky from Boise State when he was on our roster. You had a sense that he was genuinely a system QB on a team that did a lot of gimmickry types of plays, as well. It seems different with Keenum. He looks more like a traditional QB than "just a system QB" and I think the fact that he's from UH is just a coincidence.