View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012   #183
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

First thing first, I believe Keenum can be very beneficial to the Texans by running the scout team.

I read a book in which a coach described how hard it was to prepare for Barry Sanders. There's noboby on the team that can come anywhere close to emulate him to prepare the defense.

With Keenum, the defense will be well prepared against situations where the opponent runs an up-tempo/no huddle offense.

Early on in the season, Keenum was moving the offense too fast for the defense to keep up with. The UH coaches decided to "slow it down" some to give the defense some rest because they were spending too much time on the field.

Keenum was always ready to go on to the next play as soon as the previous one was done with. The ref couldn't place the ball quickly enough for him.

The last few years, there wasn't any college QB that runs the no huddle/up tempo as efficiently as Keenum.

At the moment, I think this is the value that he can bring to the Texans.
By running the scout team, he will help prepare the Texans defense for those occasions better than any back-up QB that have ever been on the Texans roster.
He will help keep the defensive players sharp and on their heels, and the team will be better because of it.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote