Re: Cherry Pick the real 2012 NFL Draft...
If I'm cherry picking, I'm probably keeping the pick at #58 and not trading back. That's because I like a player that went between #58 and #68. That meeans no 3rd 4th rounder, and I keep my 7th rounder.
1. Stephen Hill WR GA Tech - I just like his potential more than Posey's. And I'm able to get a good pass rusher in the 2nd.
2. Vinny Curry OLB Marshall - He's not Mercilus. But he's not far off. I would be OK with Barwin, Reed, and Curry in a rotation.
3. Brandon Brooks - G - Miami (Ohio) - I'm staying with Brooks. His potential is enormous, and I'm sold on his ability to fit in the ZBS.
4a. Bobby Massie - T - Mississippi - I've heard the negatives on Massie, but I still think he's the best player at this point in the draft.
4b. Brandon Boykin - CB - Georgia - I'm taking the CB with return skills over the WR with return skills. There are plenty of WRs left.
5. Randy Bullock - K - Texas A&M - I had thought about another kicker, but that's trying too hard. Go with Coach Joe on this.
6. Billy Winn - DE - Boise State - Don't know why this guy went so late. Pretty good d-lineman.
7. Jeremy Ebert - WR - Northwestern - Kind of a David Anderson type, but with more special teams potential. More production in the Big 10 than Keshawn Martin.
I would keep all of the UDFAs. If I could add one, it would be LSU TE Deangelo Peterson.
We hurt ourselves, stopped ourselves and we just need to be better all around from top to bottom. We need to come together and get better as a football team.” - Matt Schaub