Re: Cherry Pick the real 2012 NFL Draft...
If I'm cherry picking, I'm probably keeping the pick at #58 and not trading back. That's because I like a player that went between #58 and #68. That meeans no 3rd 4th rounder, and I keep my 7th rounder.
1. Stephen Hill WR GA Tech - I just like his potential more than Posey's. And I'm able to get a good pass rusher in the 2nd.
2. Vinny Curry OLB Marshall - He's not Mercilus. But he's not far off. I would be OK with Barwin, Reed, and Curry in a rotation.
3. Brandon Brooks - G - Miami (Ohio) - I'm staying with Brooks. His potential is enormous, and I'm sold on his ability to fit in the ZBS.
4a. Bobby Massie - T - Mississippi - I've heard the negatives on Massie, but I still think he's the best player at this point in the draft.
4b. Brandon Boykin - CB - Georgia - I'm taking the CB with return skills over the WR with return skills. There are plenty of WRs left.
5. Randy Bullock - K - Texas A&M - I had thought about another kicker, but that's trying too hard. Go with Coach Joe on this.
6. Billy Winn - DE - Boise State - Don't know why this guy went so late. Pretty good d-lineman.
7. Jeremy Ebert - WR - Northwestern - Kind of a David Anderson type, but with more special teams potential. More production in the Big 10 than Keshawn Martin.
I would keep all of the UDFAs. If I could add one, it would be LSU TE Deangelo Peterson.
“We’re looking for a coach that...works with great energy and enthusiasm and very positive in his approach.” - Bob McNair