View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012   #70
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts on Mercilus and My 2nd/3rd Round Draft Value Chart

It's hard for probably 99% of us to understand what it's like to be at the poverty line and have to resort to maybe breaking some rules in order to help family out.

I can see where his heart was at, but his head wasn't there in terms of the risk/reward aspect of the deal. You have to see college as a four-year free internship where the end results in a paying job (making it onto an NFL team).

Looking back, he should have entered the draft last year. He was a junior last year, right? Should've come out in 2011. I bet he regrets not doing so, which is why he's counting his lucky stars that the Texans drafted him in round 3.

This pick is just kinda awkward in multiple ways. But hey, it's a Texans tradition to take a risk on iffy WRs in the 3rd round. He does appear to be better at catching than JJ. Better at route running than JJ. So we'll see.