View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012   #67
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts on Mercilus and My 2nd/3rd Round Draft Value Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That's all cool.

Posey was someone that I hadn't heard anything about. He wasn't one of the guys I was expecting us to draft.

But that doesn't make him a bad pick.

The ONLY reason he wasn't mentioned in the same breath as all those guys you mentioned was because he was suspended for most of his senior season (and that suspension was for BS). When he did play, he played at the same high level and he played at that level in a run-first offense. Even though he was suspended, he kept his head on straight and continued to work with the team. That shows a lot of maturity that a lot of players wouldn't display.

He's got good speed, he's got good hands, and he's a willing blocker. If he had come out a year earlier, prior to that whole scandal thing, he would have been drafted a lot earlier even though he's the same player.

He may still bust, but you know what? Most of those guys you mentioned are probably going to bust. So lets at least give him a chance to fail.
Whether his suspension was BS or not makes no difference, it still shows an inability to follow basic rules. If I'm in college getting a free ride then I'm doing everything possible to not screw that up especially not following a rocket scientist like Pryor around doing goofy ****. Of course that's the voice of age and experience talking and not the stupidity of youth. He's young and we all make mistakes at some point in life, most of them when we're young. I did see an interview with him on YouTube and he said all the right things, lets just hope that he's learned a lesson and grown up a bit. Also I wouldn't say he played at a high level when he came back from suspension, he caught 12 passes in 3 games for 162 yds., a 54 yd. average.

On a positive note I keep reading what alot of people are saying that Posey has good hands and runs good routes with decent speed and decent size. If all of this is true then he's got half the battle won already on his way to being a successful NFL WR. Let's hope that he takes coaching well and learns quickly. Also the UDFA signing on Dwight Jones will alleviate some of the pain of the Posey pick as long as he can keep his mouth shut, gain some humility, and start learning. I think OTA's will humble alot of these guys when they see what the next level is really all about. If I'm wrong about Posey I'll gladly eat some crow, everything tastes better with bacon on it.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote