View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012   #65
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts on Mercilus and My 2nd/3rd Round Draft Value Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I sure hope I'm wrong about Posey, I hope in 3 yrs. we look back on this pick as a great one. I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong and will gladly eat some crow but until that time comes my opinion won't change, Posey was a terrible pick when you consider the talent at WR that was still available, Nick Toon, Marvin McNutt, Marvin Jones, Greg Childs, Mohamed Sanu, Rueben Randle, Juron Criner, etc... This was one of the best/deepest WR classes in a long time, the best I can remember. It lacked alot of elite level talent at the top but their were lots of good WR's in this class. I just hope that 3 yrs. from now we're not looking back on this class saying we screwed up reaching for a 6th round pick in the 3rd when there's was lots of other high quality players available.
That's all cool.

Posey was someone that I hadn't heard anything about. He wasn't one of the guys I was expecting us to draft.

But that doesn't make him a bad pick.

The ONLY reason he wasn't mentioned in the same breath as all those guys you mentioned was because he was suspended for most of his senior season (and that suspension was for BS). When he did play, he played at the same high level and he played at that level in a run-first offense. Even though he was suspended, he kept his head on straight and continued to work with the team. That shows a lot of maturity that a lot of players wouldn't display.

He's got good speed, he's got good hands, and he's a willing blocker. If he had come out a year earlier, prior to that whole scandal thing, he would have been drafted a lot earlier even though he's the same player.

He may still bust, but you know what? Most of those guys you mentioned are probably going to bust. So lets at least give him a chance to fail.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote