View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012   #63
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts on Mercilus and My 2nd/3rd Round Draft Value Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I sure hope I'm wrong about Posey, I hope in 3 yrs. we look back on this pick as a great one. I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong and will gladly eat some crow but until that time comes my opinion won't change, Posey was a terrible pick when you consider the talent at WR that was still available, Nick Toon, Marvin McNutt, Marvin Jones, Greg Childs, Mohamed Sanu, Rueben Randle, Juron Criner, etc... This was one of the best/deepest WR classes in a long time, the best I can remember. It lacked alot of elite level talent at the top but their were lots of good WR's in this class. I just hope that 3 yrs. from now we're not looking back on this class saying we screwed up reaching for a 6th round pick in the 3rd when there's was lots of other high quality players available.
I'm with ya' and yet here is some things shared on draft day by Mayock:

Childs suffered a knee injury and that led to other Arkansas WRs to shine and get drafted higher.

Toon has been playing with injuries, too. I think he has a foot that bothers him a lot, from what Mayock was saying during the highlights they showed of him.

Randle has route tree issues, apparently, and was more of a deep threat than any of the simpler underneath routes that our WCO runs a lot of.

There's three guys that maybe Kubiak wasn't too impressed with for various reasons. I don't know much about McNutt, Sanu, and Criner though.