View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012   #56
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts on Mercilus and My 2nd/3rd Round Draft Value Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
It's a crap shoot no matter who does it. Paid team members, Our Lads, LZ or Badboy. I do know that I called Kareem Jackson a bad pick and that was correct. Is he doing better? Well it will be his third year and many still want him gone (I am not one of them). Why is it such big deal that some of us want to voice our ideas? Isn't it entertainment?
That wasn't what my post was about. I haven't said much of anything about people voicing their ideas or their feelings.

I DON'T get making this into a "every pick of a player I had heard of is good and every pick of a player I hadn't heard of was bad". And I don't get making this into "a Wade knows how to make picks but they let some idiot named Smithiak into the room to choose the WRs" which is really what I was responding to.

What I stated was the truth. Who made the pick? A group of professionals that put a lot of time and consideration into it and who had access to a lot more information than the people who made the lists that Wolf6151 is basing his opinion on did. Guys who studied a lot more film, different film, interviews, and a lot of other things.

Were they the right picks? Maybe. Maybe not. But we aren't going to know until later. Most WR picks do not pan out. And in the past, most of the guys that we have our collective TT sights set on (based on those same lists), don't turn out. There were a lot of RBs we wanted in the draft a few years ago before we ended up with Arian Foster and almost all of those guys have not panned out.

Personally, I still don't see the KJ pick as that bad of a pick. I don't think it would have mattered which CB we would have picked at that point, we would have put him in a horrible situation and he would have sucked.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote