View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012   #47
LZ
Veteran

Rep Power: 5396 LZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts on Mercilus and My 2nd/3rd Round Draft Value Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
You weren't high on Reed last year, pre-draft. I pretty much agreed with you, then. But, Reed has won me over with his performance last year. He had 6 sacks in 5 games, after Mario went down. After that, he ran into the dreaded rookie wall and went dormant for a few games. Reed rested in week 17, and came back strong in the playoffs with 3-1/2 sacks. Yes, he should be in a rotation. But, I think he's the real deal as a pass rusher.

Do you remember the defense that the Rams ran in the late 80's, where they would have 2 d-lineman down and 5 LBs standing? Not knowing who was going to blitz and who would drop back. I think the Texans could run something like that now, with Barwin, Reed, Cushing, and Mercilus. I see Wade cooking up something to get everyone of his pass rushers on the field.
I don't think I've ever seen Wade really run a defense like that. I've seen Dick LeBeau do it plenty, but with the personnel he has now, Wade might cook up a few more exotic looks than we are used to seeing. I would hate to take Antonio Smith or Brian Cushing off the field so I'm not sure how they would align it.
LZ is offline   Reply With Quote