View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012   #24
LZ
Veteran

Rep Power: 5396 LZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts on Mercilus and My 2nd/3rd Round Draft Value Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Someone with more information available on all the prospects and on the requirements of our offense than LZ? Positional coaches and scouts?

No offense to LZ and other guys who put together mocks (I do it myself when I have time) but every team has their own ranking for all these guys. They've got guys who devote all their time to figuring out who's going to fit in their system and who isn't. Sometimes they're right and sometimes they're wrong but LZ, WalterFootball, Ourlads, SI.com, etc., do not know more than the teams. And the teams didn't rank some of these guys as high as LZ did and they ranked some other guys higher.

Now's the time to sit back and see how these guys actually do in our system. We've got a nice posse of WRs now and hopefully, they develop.
This is so, so, so very true and I try to put that out there every chance I get. We watch games on television.... not all-22 tape. We don't have access to personal interviews nor to medical reports.

Anything that any "draftnik" or "tv personality" talks about is generally an opinion that isn't backed up by as much info. With that said, there are also plenty of times when evaluators for teams miss and a draft writer will be right on a player.

I need to see more on Posey. My grade was based 100% on the grade from another team as I hardly got to see him this year because of his suspension. Keyshawn Martin was a 4th for me as was Crick. However, no offense at all is taken by saying that teams have more access to info that any of us do. I will say that in the 4 games I watched on Mercilus, I thought he stayed engaged a little too long and didn't look like a polished pass rusher.

My draft ratings are based on watching games, going to Shrine practices, Sr. Bowl practices, the combine and speaking with teams. I will have a write-up of my thoughts on the Texans draft later tonight. Other than Posey that high, I was pretty happy.
LZ is offline   Reply With Quote