View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holliday Back From Holliday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Do you really want to hold your breath every kickoff, not only waiting for our helluva safety to break a run, but maybe to break a leg? I would at least rather see a 2nd or 3rd depth position player have that role
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'd rather have someone else other than Manning returning kicks as well. If something happings to Manning, we are not as good on defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think that the overall value of the kick returner has diminished, but I think if you have one that can take it to the house then they are worth it. Plus, opportunities on punt returns haven't changed. I love manning as a kick returner but he doesn't need to do that full time. Doesn't need to keep exposing himself to injury like that. He's getting older and his safety skills are much more valuable.

And I actually like what little I saw out of trindon at wr last pre season. He's always going to have limitations but he has what a lot of other players don't. Tremendous speed.

The only way trindon makes the team is if he's beasting on special teams though.
First, how many of our kick returners have ever gotten hurt returning kicks? And muscle tears/strains don't count - that could happen running fly patterns (see Andre Johnson - twice). I only recall Jerome Mathis (or was in Moses) who kept getting nicked up constantly.

Second, Manning got hurt while picking off Matt Hasselbeck during the first Tenn. game. So injuries can happen any time at any spot. All the more reason not to spend a roster spot on a one-trick pony.

I ain't saying cut him outright. Hoth-Boy gets what I'm saying he's got to be able to do more than just be a KR. And even Dante Hall played a decent WR. Not to mention Holliday has never shown anything close to the "Human Joystick" in terms of moves.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote