View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
This ain't the 90s. Now days kickoffs are from the 35 and most kickers consistently bang their kicks into the back of the endzone (or in the endzone seats). He'll just be catching touchbacks.
So is it really worth a roster spot to keep a guy who can't do anything else? Our current KO return man, D. Manning, is a stud returner and a helluva safety.

What else can Holliday do?

Do you really want him as our 3rd RB? Or taking up a WR spot??
I think that the overall value of the kick returner has diminished, but I think if you have one that can take it to the house then they are worth it. Plus, opportunities on punt returns haven't changed. I love manning as a kick returner but he doesn't need to do that full time. Doesn't need to keep exposing himself to injury like that. He's getting older and his safety skills are much more valuable.

And I actually like what little I saw out of trindon at wr last pre season. He's always going to have limitations but he has what a lot of other players don't. Tremendous speed.

The only way trindon makes the team is if he's beasting on special teams though.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote