View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Grade: B

Mercilus: A.

Natural beast. No doubt this guy loves football. We again take a guy who craves the game.

Posey: C.

I don't care how it gets spun, this pick is a gamble. He has the most pressure on him out of all of our picks. Rightly so. We'll see if he was worth trading out of the 2nd round for.

Brooks: B-.

Iffy on this one. Big? Yes. Rated in top 5 of the OG class? Yes. But if Reuben Randle slipped to end of 2nd round, why did Brooks slip to the 3rd? Ultimately, he has to get off the snap faster. I think this is what bothered teams the most.

Jones: B-.

Has a few negatives. Short arms, for one. But Myers has short arms too, so big whoop. I rate it B- because it's the 4th round and he'll be depth at best in 2012.

Martin: B-.

Another depth guy. Destined for the PS because he'll clear waivers easily. Other teams will want to PS their own brand of Keyshawn Martin. Sounds like a long-term project at slot and KR. I'm fine with it.

Crick: B.

Tempted to put B+ but injury concerns have me cautious on the grade. He seems like a Tim Bulman type to me: Lots of effort, not the "star" type of player. Just brings his lunch box and gets to work. I like it. Another "Serious about football" pick.

Bullock: A.

Smith gets kudos for not panicking. I would have been tempted to grab Bullock with last pick of round 4. Instead, we got Crick and still got the best kicker on the board. We had an obvious need, we filled it. And saved millions if dollars on the cap in the process. Rackers can still kiss my ass because I liked the guy and he had to **** on our team in the press like a punk ass.

Random dude in the 6th: C.

Yeah, it's a 6th round JAG. I can't place a B on a guy here. Sue me.

---------------

Mercilus, Posey, Bullock, Brooks make final roster.

I don't know how they'll handle Jones and Crick. Depth needs might put them on final roster, but I dunno.

Martin to the PS.

Random 6th round dude gets cut, not sure about PS potential yet.

-------------------

Outside of the trade out of 2nd, I think they added good solid players for a team that just needed depth and reliable players. Posey, you got some convincing to do with this fan.