View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012   #28
Texsker
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Texsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Final Draft Grades (Texans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Round 4- Nebraska DE Jared Crick Grade: A
Anybody who follows my work knows I love this pick & had given him a 2nd rd. grade. I did not realize the extent of his injury's other than torn pectoral muscle that sidelined him his senior year. When healthy, he is a disruptive interior linemen who can back-up both Watt & Smith. I would love to put some weight on his 6-4 frame & stick him @ nose tackle in Wade's system he could be another Jay Ratliff.
I believe you can probably forget about trying to put substantial weight on Crick. Nebraska's tried and failed to do this for years. He's never really been able to keep his weight much north of 280 during the season. I don't see that changing, and as a DE, it won't need to. I just don't see him ever being able to play inside except as a nickel rusher.

Crick has the height (6'4 1/2") to make you think he should be able to get a lot heavier, but that just hasn't been the reality of his career at Nebraska. I see him as a guy who will play his entire career in the 280-285 range.