View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Final Draft Grades (Texans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post

Round 3- Ohio State WR DeVier Posey Grade: D
Bah, I like the position, but that is about it. He has good size, but is average everywhere else- average hands (drops some he should catch, catches some that were incredibly difficult to bring in), average playing speed, average route runner, above average blocker, but shy over the middle. Add in some character concerns (not just the tattoos, but what some people are saying on campus about him as a person) and the other receivers that were still on the board, and I am disappointed in the pick. That said, he is a Texan now, and has my full support. I truly hope that I am wrong.
I get the idea that you dont like this pick more for lack of exposure than the guy's skills .... along with the fact that he wasnt one of the "Big Names" that many had been discussing for the last several months.

I dont at all agree with your assessment of his skillset.

Average hands ? He catches everything .... His hands are probably his best asset. He also won the allstar challenge hands competition over Floyd and Sanu. Nothing hit the ground at his pro day.

He's also a great route runner (to echo Dennison's comments) and has the speed to make defenders being timed between 4.37 and 4.48. He's got a knack for getting open .... and often embarrassed defenders ending up with no one within 10+ yards of him. (That kinda reminds me of #80)

And those reports of him being soft across the middle .... are a crock. Just take a look at the catch at 0:41 and again at 1:12 of this video or at "0:30 and again at 0:54 as well as 2:54 of this video and tell me he's not willing to take a shot across the middle. He made a living going across the middle and up the seams .... while not burning defenders on the outside.

As for the character concerns - What do you hear on campus that Smith , Kubiak and the rest of the Texans staff didnt? Who is saying what on campus?

You are entitled to your opinion .... but I think its flat out wrong. This might just be the best pick the Texans made in this draft.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote