View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012   #16
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts on Mercilus and My 2nd/3rd Round Draft Value Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
16 sacks gets me stoked but what really pumps me up is that he tied the school single season sack record held by Simeon Rice. Rice was the 3rd overall pick in 96. He came into the combine weighing 259, 6040 & ran a 4.79 forty. Mercilus measured 261, 6035 & ran a 4.68 forty. Rice had 12.5 sacks as a rookie. It's going to be next to impossible tempering fans expectations in Wade Phillip defense with cast surrounding him.
I knew about the Simeon Rice part, they discussed it briefly during the draft. Had no idea about his measurables though. Virtually identical. I'm liking Wade's new guy. Big time!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote