View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012   #112
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56391 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans draft grade

While the other posters cat fight with each other, retract the claws ladies , I'll get back on topic...

I am giving the Texans a Solid B+ if not an A and here is why...

For the first time in Texans history, they were not drafting for need but depth. Except for the first pick in Mercilus, everything after him was for depth and depth alone.

As much as some might hate the Posey pick, I see one of the main reasons Kubiak drafted him is he can block and where he will be playing, Jones' spot, he will be blocking on the perimeter allot. I had no problem with this pick. Had the kid not got ate up with the dumb ass at Ohio State, he would have easily been a late first early second round pick. Because he didn't play most of his Senior year, scouts and so called "draft experts" (That is like calling me a message board expert) threw him in the 6-7th round. But that is here nor there...

Anybody that thought any drafted WR was coming in and taking Kevin Walter's spot as #2 has clearly not been paying attention to how Kubak runs things for the past 7 years. AINT'T NO WAY IN HELL was Ruben Randell, Posey, Santa, E Bunny or anybody short of JC himself gonna walk right in and start for Gary Kubiak... So either way, Texans drafted for a 3rd WR, not 2nd and Posey will be just fine in that position, for the reasons I mentioned above...

Everything else was very well thought out. They got plenty of depth to work with for the next year or two and even picked up the home town boy, except I don't think Keenum is from the Houston area. I really believe, and yall can call me crazy, Keenum will be starting for the Texans in Kubiaks system in 3 years...

It is gonna be damn fun watching the Texans this year....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....