View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012   #77
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 15013 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

Keenum has a quicker release than Tony Romo, the guy with supposedly the fastest release in the NFL.

ESPN did a thing showing Keenum's release side-by-side with Romo's in 2009 when the unranked cougars went to stillwater and beat the #5 OSU cowboys with keenum at the helm.

Everyone in the press that's been saying things about "arm strength", "wind up", "release", etc. simply haven't watched the guy enough to know..

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I think there is. I believe Keenum's release is too show. While Brees may not have a strong arm by NFL standards, he does have a relatively quick release. Keenum doesn't. It's this critical difference that makes Brees an NFL star and Keenum a long-shot to make an NFL roster.

I don't want to belabor this issue with you because I share your sentiments and hope the rookie makes me eat my words. I just don't see it.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote