View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012   #9
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quick Thoughts About The Draft

Very happy with the draft. Especially 1st, 3rd-Brooks, 4th-Crick and 5th-K. I had looked at and targeted Mercilus, Brooks and Crick prior to the draft. However, I thought Mercilus would be gone between 15-20, Brooks could go in the 2nd and Crick in late 2nd or early 3rd. We needed a kicker and we got a home town boy--thought 5th was a RD early, but I was wrong. Very excited about those picks.

Ben Jones ain't pretty, but his attitude and effort remind me of Carl Mauck and he was a great leader on our Oilers years ago.

Nick "Freight Train" Mondek's defensive line background and athletic ability are very intriguing. Great potential to develop into a RT for us and love the nickname!

Initially, I was perplexed when we didn't select Rueben Randle, but Posey's athleticism, speed and skills appear to be superior--his Senior season issues seem to be key reason he dropped and was available. I'm hoping he's ready, along with LeStar Jean to challenge for #2 WR.

Keshawn Martin is an exciting addition and appears to be our new PR/KR. Watched some tape and he's definitely got some play-making skills. Again, not another name that excited me, but once I took the time to look at him, I feel much better.

I think we've fortified our defense and increased depth and competition on the offensive line. Hopefully, we've done the same w/ our WRs.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote