View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012   #70
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I think there is. I believe Keenum's release is too show. While Brees may not have a strong arm by NFL standards, he does have a relatively quick release. Keenum doesn't. It's this critical difference that makes Brees an NFL star and Keenum a long-shot to make an NFL roster.

I don't want to belabor this issue with you because I share your sentiments and hope the rookie makes me eat my words. I just don't see it.
TF, in one of the thread in the college or mock draft forum, I had refered to a game in which the analyst commented that Keenum has the quickest realease since Dan Marino.

Personally, I've also stated as much.
But it's not just the realease.

If you compare Weeden and Keenum for example, from the time the ball is snapped (they both played basically out of the shotgun last year) to the time the ball leaves the hand of the QB on each different throw (whether it's a quick out, a slant, a swing pass, a deep out, a post, a corner route, whatever), Keenum got the ball out of there a whole lot sooner than Weeden - and he was still more accurate.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote