View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012   #64
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
76!!!! We're going to find out what your boy is made of. Now that he's a Texan I hope that he proves me wrong.
Hey, I've been in Houston since 1976, hence the SN Texan 76.
The only other QB from UH that I really like was Danny Davis who led the Coogs to the championship in the old SWC (the conference that preceeded the Big 12) in his sophomore year.
Davis was hurt the next year against powerhouse Penn St. but he came back his Senior year to lead us to another SWC championship.
We ran the veer back then (the origin - kind of - of the option game in college football today).
Still, Davis managed to send a receiver and a TE to the NFL.

I never did think highly of Ware nor Klinger, and you know how high they were drafted. (I wanted to be happy for them, but...)

Kolb, I said he needs to get rid of the ball sooner (than he did in college) if he was going to be any good in the NFL.

I was never a homer.

The Texans will benefit from Keenum even if he only runs the scout team; I'll tell you the reasons why when I have some time.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote