View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005   #40
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a very exciting game. Brook stopped Creek with a defensive stand in overtime for the second year in a row, but the Wolverines couldn't stand the prosperity as they lost to Alvin last week. That all but eliminated Brook from the playoff race. Creek has some serious speed at RB and wideout. The new coach has done a great job with those kids, turning that program around.

The third playoff spot will come down to Creek and Alvin. Alvin finishes against Ball and Pearland and that's a very likely 0-2 for them. I'm pretty sure Creek has the tiebreaker on head to head with Alvin or in a three way with Brook and Alvin. I expect Creek to split their last two, giving them three losses along with Alvin. In other words, I see Creek getting that third playoff spot. They should since they are a better team than Alvin IMO.

It's Brook and Lake tomorrow at District Stadium. It's Lake's homecoming (delayed by Rita) even though it was originally a Brook home game. This is always a good game. These are two schools that absolutely hate each other - much like Creek and Lake of old. I'll be in my usual seat (top row 45 yard line).

I can't wait for the playoffs to start so we can see some of these local powerhouses square off against each other.

There's your 24-5A report.

p.s., if anyone wants to see a really good RB, Foswhitt Whitaker of Pearland is the real deal. Power, balance and speed plus great lower body strength -- it takes two or three kids to bring him down.

Last edited by aj.; 10-27-2005 at 07:39 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote