View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012   #52
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans draft grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I didn't go a-hole over us picking Mario. I was fine with it.

I didn't freak out over us trading down and then choosing D Brown and later Slaton. I was for it.

I didn't freak out one single time last year.

Tonight? I had a major malfunction of Full Metal Jacket proportions. Because I think we screwed up completely. I do NOT trust that Posey was our guy. I think we lost out on someone we coveted, traded down (thinking the teams ahead of us wouldn't pick other guys we wanted), and then we had to settle for Posey.

But all we will hear from Smithiak is how much they like that Posey kid...who didn't play most of his senior year because of being suspended. Shucks, we landed the guy we wanted all along......

Whitney Mercilus was a beast pick. Brooks, when I look at how we have drafted OL the past two years, seems to be a good pick. Posey? No way in China.
Based on what? I don't know if it's a good pick or not. But, how do you come up with this totally unsupported theory, assume the theory is true, and then react harshly because you think the theory is true (based on nothing)?

The Texans have taken guys in the middle rounds before that were surprising, somewhat off radar selections. Many of those worked out very well:

Charles Spencer
Glover Quin
Owen Daniels (people freaked out over this one!)
T.J. Yates

By the way, nothing about the Texans' organization and their history indicates they would gamble the way you are suggesting they did. Doesn't make it a good pick, but I suggest your theory is unsubstantiated and totally false.