View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012   #39
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans draft grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
No, you need to look up what a straw man argument is.

In this case, you set up the Duane Brown straw man and then knocked it down. Good job. I never said anything about Duane Brown. FTR, I was all for that pick when it happened.

... which explains why they've had so many WTDF moments.

Maybe. Maybe they don't. Maybe they'd tell us that KJ is the most NFL ready CB, despite Nick Saban and later Wade Phillips refuting that point. Maybe they're telling us that Jacoby Jones is worth a 3rd round pick. Or Antwaun Molden.

Or maybe it's the next great WR. But right now, it's a WTF moment. And I bet you dollars to doughnuts that is exactly what a ton of NFL people said when the trade/subsequent pick went down. So yeah, we'll see. I recognize that. Do you recognize that they are still growing into the job?
After 6-7 years on the job... I think they've grown into it. Unlike other people in this thread I really like what they've done so far, so I'm not ****ing bricks right now or hitting panic buttons.

I'm sitting fat and happy and I'm pretty content with this draft so far. I'm really looking forward to see what our 3 4th round draft picks will net us tomorrow.