View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012   #34
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Texans draft grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
not really. It was a fair argument. Straw man would be eliminating the rest of my post and hand picking one sentence to respond to.
No, you need to look up what a straw man argument is.

Quote:
A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.
In this case, you set up the Duane Brown straw man and then knocked it down. Good job. I never said anything about Duane Brown. FTR, I was all for that pick when it happened.

Quote:
These two guys were first time HC/GMs.
... which explains why they've had so many WTDF moments.

Quote:
Maybe just maybe they now know what the hell they're doing. Their recent track record suggests that they do.
Maybe. Maybe they don't. Maybe they'd tell us that KJ is the most NFL ready CB, despite Nick Saban and later Wade Phillips refuting that point. Maybe they're telling us that Jacoby Jones is worth a 3rd round pick. Or Antwaun Molden.

Or maybe it's the next great WR. But right now, it's a WTF moment. And I bet you dollars to doughnuts that is exactly what a ton of NFL people said when the trade/subsequent pick went down. So yeah, we'll see. I recognize that. Do you recognize that they are still growing into the job?