View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012   #79
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Pre-Draft Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
We have NEVER drafted a guy in round 1 and not had him start since Gary has been here, even Brown has started since day one, so if we draft a G in round 1, they will be inked the starter....just how we roll, so if they truly feel Caldwell and Butler can start then they will not go oline in rd 1 but likely will in rd 3 or 4

I also find it hard to believe we go olb in round 1. Again, we look for starters in that round and they would not start over Barwin and reed, we could go olb in 2, but not 1.

Also, I feel we could go corner high if Wade is over Jackson, Rick keeps emphasizing that we can never have enough corners, so maybe we go corner in 1......

Looks like they did now - I think that says a lot about the overall quality of the team and the player they think Mercilus can be ....

OLB was one of those positions they really needed depth at - Braman and Nading behind Barwin and Reed. Both of them are pretty much just ST guy's.

Also looks like they got a playmaker (just not on offense).... 9 forced fumbles in a college season is impressive.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote