View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012   #39
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Maybe last years draft wasn't all Phillips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I also think we overstate Wade's competence, or at least the incompetence of Frank Bush & Richard Smith. Frank Bush didn't all of a sudden get incompetent after 2009 & Kareem isn't so bad a draft pick to drop us to the worst pass defense in history to that point (surpassed by the Packers & Patriots this year).

Balls.

That's what Wade had that those other guys didn't. It wasn't our lack of scheme that had the Texans ranked 20th or so in total defense, it was our pansy coaches belief that the prevent defense should be played for 3 quarters.

That was the primary difference between Frank Bush 2009 & Frank Bush 2010. 2009, we attacked the ball, all the time. 2010 we had Bernard Pollard covering slot receivers.
I would have been happy had the defense under Bush and Smith finished in the high 20's regularly, sad as that sounds.

The defense had no clue under Bush and Smith. They so often looked out of place, confused on assignments, and they had routinely had no clue on matching personnel to... Whatever crap they were trying to run.

As incompetent as both were I have to wonder how much Gary played a role in that.

Far as overstating Wade's competence? Ummm dead last in the league prior to arrival... Fininhed second overall after first year.

I want some of what you're smoking.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote