View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012   #212
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whitney Mercilus - First Round Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
His biggest attribute that I saw was his effort. Not a bad thing.

I don't think the guy sucks, I just don't think he was the best player left on the board there.

I would have rather had the guy that went off the board right after him. But whatever, he's a Texan now kick some ass.

I would consider him an ok to good pass rusher. Maybe wade's scheme can make him really good or great.

I picked Zietler in the Texans Draft Challenge thing .... Would have loved to get him.

Pass rushers are at a premium .... and consider the who's who list of QB's this team will face this season , I cant complain.

I noticed Merciles played DT on some occasions .... Might be interesting to plug him in between Watt and Smith on passing downs with Barwin , Reed and Cushing ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Isn't the LSU receiver Rueben Randle also still on the Board ?
List of WR's still available -

Hill
Alshon Jeffery
Brian Quick
Mohamed Sanu
Nick Toon
Dwight Jones
Tommy Streeter
Marvin McNutt
Jeff Fuller
Greg Childs
Ryan Broyles.

Out of that group - someone will be there when the Texans are up with #4 of the 4th.
I'd almost be content to go with two of the three - OL , DE , CB in the second and third thinking that one of those big WR's is going to fall.
Sure , I prefer some over others but if you can get value at those other spots , you almost have to do it.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote