View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012   #197
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whitney Mercilus - First Round Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I slept on it... and now I would change my pick to 'I love it!'.

I worry about him being a one year guy, but I trust Wade. Also, there is no question the kid is talented (live in Big 10 country, saw him play a couple times) and a hard worker.

My only other concern is a lack of explosion, as I mentioned earlier. 32 inch vertical confirms that. He is quick, not so much explosive. I dont think he will be a high sack number guy (meaning 15+, I think 8-12 is a better projection), but he will be in the QBs face a lot.
He ran a 1.56 10yd, that's explosive. If you check the link on JPP I just posted you'll see they have similar numbers and I think most would say JPP is an explosive athlete
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote