View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012   #184
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whitney Mercilus - First Round Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Shocked beyond belief he was still available at 26.
I thought Mercilus would go #18, #19, or #20. I can understand why the Chargers passed and went with Ingram. Ingram has done it longer and is more versatile. I don't get McClellin for the Bears, unless they plan on playing him at OLB. That the Titans passed on Mercilus for a slot receiver makes me laugh. I also think Belichick made a big mistake taking Chandler Jones over Mercilus.

Picking up the nation's leading pass rusher at #26, who has impressive measurables, was fortunate. One of the talking heads last night compared Mercilus to the Niners Aldon Smith, who was coveted by Wade Phillips last year. I can see that comparison. The Texans will face some tough QBs this year, and this pick indicates that the Texans plan to go after them.