View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012   #174
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whitney Mercilus - do you like the pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I called mercilus months ago even if wright was on the board. The gap from mercilus to the next best olb/pass rusher is bigger than the one to the wr. Wr and cb are the deepest in the draft this year. Mercilus is a guy who doesn't have to be schemed to get a sack. Of all the de's who will stand up,he's the most natural. This was a great pick. Not to mention,hill is a project big time. The advisory board gave him a 3rd rd grade. Just because he ran fast in a straight line doesn't mean gms vaulted him up. His short shuttle suggest he can come out a break and gain seperation.
I agree 100%! Mercilus is a great pick, our D will be down right scary, and we will have a top 3 pass rush this season. I was very concerned entering the season with Nading a Braman as our only back up OLBs. I like what Braman brings to the table but he very raw.

As for Hill, the Raiders are my other team and Hill reminds me of Darius Heyward Bey, fantastic athlete but raw as a WR. DHB is just now, several years later, becoming a pretty good WR. For those that think Hill would walk through the door and replace either KW or JJ, I think you're fooling yourself.

We should have no problem finding a solid WR and OL depth in the coming rds. Our draft is off to a great start.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote